The primary causes of the Traxxas receiver’s LED flashing red are signal loss and the wrong frequency setup between the receiver and transmitter. Moreover, low battery voltage and interference from other devices can be responsible for the issue.
When you notice the red LED blinking, detecting and fixing the issue is crucial to establish a proper signal between the transmitter and receiver. Would you like to know how to do it? Read the article for some quick solutions.
Let’s go through it.
What factors lead to Traxxas Receiver Blinking Red?
The common things discussed below usually lead to the receiver’s red light blinking.
1. Loss of signal between transmitter and receiver
The LED blinking red is a common indication when the receiver loses signal from the transmitter. During this communication disturbance, the receiver alerts the user by flashing red. You can experience it anytime when the signal between the receiver and transmitter is interrupted by longer distance, physical obstructions and other interferences.
How to fix:
- Drive your RC car from recommended range, even closer if necessary.
- Be careful about physical obstacles, like walls, trees and metal objects that often disrupt the signal.
- Position the antenna of the receiver and transmitter at in accurate angle.
- Ensure the battery is fully charged and properly inserted.
- If you still have a signal issue, change the interfering area, or modify the channel.
2. Incorrect receiver or transmitter setup
Any RC car owner understands that the receiver and transmitter’s channels must match. Otherwise, they will not pair and transfer signals. Unintentionally, you may set their channel wrongly, preventing these two devices from communicating. Such incorrect channel setup will prevent transferring signals and the receiver will notify this issue by blinking red.
How to fix:
- Check the channel selection of both the receiver and transmitter and ensure they are compatible.
- To establish a proper connection, try rebinding or repairing both devices again.
- If it does not work, reset both receiver and transmitter to their default mode following user manuals.
- Keep them away from other devices with frequencies, such as radio and cell phones, while rebinding or repairing.
3. Faulty receiver
The receiver is an electric device that can fail anytime without a prior signal. The best thing is that the receiver will blink red to tell you it has been defective. Hardware failure and corrupted firmware are two common reasons for a faulty receiver. When the receiver gets defective, it will not accept a signal from the transmitter, resulting in a blinking red LED.
How to fix:
- Check carefully whether the antenna of the receiver is bent or damaged.
- Also, try rebinding it to the transmitted if the red LED keeps flashing.
- If you ensure that the receiver is badly broken or damaged completely, replacement is the only option.
4. Low battery voltage
Low battery voltage is a general reason behind the flashing red problem. It indicates that the receiver is not getting the required power from the battery. If the battery voltage drops below the minimum requirement, the receiver stops working and blinks red.
How to fix:
- Ensure that the connection between the battery and the receiver is secured. Also, notice whether the battery is full or low on power.
- If you see a low-voltage battery, recharge it or replace it with a new one.
5. Interference from other electronic devices
Electric devices like radio, TV and cell phones have frequencies that often interrupt the receiver. If such devices have similar frequencies to the RC car receiver, they can create unwanted interference in the communication between the transmitter and receiver. This is another case when the Traxxas receivers blink red.
How to fix:
- First, identify which electric device is causing the interference. When found and if possible, move your RC car away from the source to reduce interference.
- For better signal reception, adjust the antenna angle of both transmitter and the receiver.
- You can also update the receiver’s firmware to improve performance and fix unwanted bugs.
Can You Prevent A Traxxas Receiver From Blinking Red?
There is no direct way to prevent the issue. But you can avoid the relevant things that cause the blinking red problem. Here are a few tips to follow:
- If the receiver’s battery voltage indicator signals that it is getting low, replace the battery with a new one.
- Impacts can damage the antenna and other parts of the receiver. So, do not crash your RC car intentionally with any object.
- Clean the receiver if needed and keep it away from moisture and dirt.
- Do not drive your RC car in extreme temperatures to protect the receiver’s battery.
- If you have time and skill, inspect the receiver and other relevant components occasionally.
When Do You Need Professional Help?
+Fixing the problem of the blinking red indicator is not much complicated. You can solve it at home with a few technical skills and DIY techniques. But what would you do if the issue continues or you are uncertain about the case?
At this time, getting professional help will be a wise decision. When the problem seems very complex or the receiver needs advanced troubleshooting, call a technician to resolve it with the highest care and safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can bad weather make a receiver faulty?
Yes, bad weather is damaging for the RC receiver. Weather with high moisture or extreme temperature can make a receiver malfunction.
How can you understand if the blinking red is caused by interference or a different issue?
If changing your location or moving interfering devices away fixes the problem, it means the problem was caused by frequency interference. Otherwise, the problem was caused by electrical factors.
How to fix those issues if I cannot detect the problem?
If you cannot detect the problem of your RC receiver or do not have sufficient technical knowledge to resolve them, going to a technician will be the best idea.
The flashing LED primarily indicates signal issues between the receiver and transmitter. So, resolving it is an important task. This article will be helpful for you to quickly address potential causes and fix them at home with minimal effort. Besides, the above tips will maximize the receiver’s performance and longevity.